Welcome to Beacon!
Let us know how we can help you, and we hope you will support all we do for the school. The Beacon School PA raises funds which go straight back to the clubs, activities, arts and academics at Beacon. The Beacon School PA holds monthly meetings, pot luck dinners, parent social gatherings and fundraisers throughout the year. We hope to see you at a PA meeting soon!
The Beacon School PA Objectives
The Beacon School Parent Association is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All parents, guardians and parental surrogates of students currently enrolled in The Beacon School shall be members of the Association. The objectives of the Beacon School PA include:
- To support and enrich the educational goals of the Beacon School;
- To raise funds for materials and services that will help to insure that all Beacon students have access to and opportunities to benefit from a full and enriched public high school experience;
- To provide information and foster programs that will encourage and enable parents and guardians of Beacon’s students to become active, well-informed partners with the Beacon administration and faculty in the education of their children;
- To provide a forum of parents and guardians of Beacon students to voice their concerns and views with regard to the continued development and improvement of the school.
- To foster cooperation and mutual respect among parents and between parents and school administration and faculty;
- To promote the ideals of equality and justice and appreciation of cultural diversity among students, teachers, administrators and parents;
- To advocate for Beacon and its students before all agencies and officials who have authority or influence over education policy and / or resources, as well as in the New York community as a whole.
A copy of the Beacon School PA Bylaws is posted here.
The PA follows the rules and policies as defined in Chancellor’s Regulations #A-660.
The Beacon School PA holds monthly meetings open to all members of the Beacon School PA and the Beacon Community. The meetings are meant to be informative and helpful to parents. We strive to keep them relevant, quick, and interesting. If there is a topic you’d like see addressed at a PA meeting, email us at email@example.com
The Beacon School PA holds events for fundraising and for community building. If you have a clever concept for things to do, build relationships and contacts, and even raise a few $$, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We host the grade-wide Pot Lucks Curriculum Night, House Parties, Beacon Comedy Night, and the Beacon Auction Gala. We usually have a lot of fun, so come join us and support a great cause!
The Beacon School Parent Association has an annual fundraising goal of $400,000—all of which goes toward supporting the amazing after school clubs and sports programs that make Beacon unique. Our Annual Appeal launches in September: please donate! Employer matching gifts? Yes! Installment plan? We can do that!
We also hold many fundraisers throughout the year. Join us by attending a House Party, buying Beacon Wear, or coming to the Beacon Auction Gala: Proceeds from these and many other parent functions go toward supporting our amazing principal Ruth Lacey and the fantastic opportunities she offers each and every student—and the phenomenal teachers too!