Welcome to Beacon!
Parents are invited to have an active role in their children’s education, and the Beacon Parent Association is committed to helping support parents, students and the Beacon Community.
Let us know how we can help you, and we hope you will support all we do for the school. The Beacon PA raises funds which go straight back to the clubs, activities, arts and academics at Beacon. The Beacon PA holds monthly meetings, pot luck dinners, parent social gatherings and fundraisers throughout the year. We hope to see you all at a Beacon PA meeting soon!
The Beacon PA Objectives
The Beacon School Parent Association is organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501©(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. All parents, guardians and parental surrogates of students currently enrolled in The Beacon School shall be members of the Association.
The objectives of the Parents Association include:
- To support and enrich the educational goals of The Beacon School.
- To raise funds for materials and services that will help to insure that all Beacon students have access to and opportunities to benefit from a full and enriched public high school experience.
- To provide information and foster programs that will encourage and enable parents and guardians of Beacon’s students to become active, well-informed partners with the Beacon administration and faculty in the education of their children.
- To provide a forum of parents and guardians of Beacon students to voice their concerns and views with regard to the continued development and improvement of the school.
- To foster cooperation and mutual respect among parents and between parents and school administration and faculty.
- To promote the ideals of equality and justice and appreciation of cultural diversity among students, teachers, administrators and parents.
- To advocate for Beacon and its students before all agencies and officials who have authority or influence over education policy and / or resources, as well as in the New York community as a whole.
The Beacon PA holds monthly meetings open to all members of the Beacon PA and the Beacon Community. The meetings are meant to be informative and helpful to parents. We strive to keep them short, interesting and pertinent. If there is a topic of issue you would like to have discussed at a PA meeting, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Beacon PA holds events for fundraising and for community building. If you have ideas for events feel free to contact us at email@example.com
We host the gradewide Pot Lucks Curriculum Night, House Parties, Beacon Comedy Night, and the Beacon Auction Gala.
We hope you will join us at one of our terrific events!
The Beacon PA has an annual Fundraising goal of $400,000! We launch our Annual Appeal in September and hope all our families will join us in reaching our goal – not only the goal of $400,000 but also our goal of Making Every Beacon Family Count! We want 100% participation in our annual appeal fund drive. So join us today and help us support the school and keep beacon the vibrant, active educational center is it today!
We also hold many fundraisers throughout the year. Join us by attending a House Party, buying Beacon Wear, or coming to the Beacon Auction Gala! All the money we make from these, and other, fundraising activities goes right back to our students and the Beacon Community!